Educational Response to Scotland’s Dementia Strategy – Engagement Eventsianwatson | December 22, 2010
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) and the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) are running a series of Engagement Events for people with a strategic, clinical or operational management role in relation to the delivery of services for people with dementia, their carers and families.
The purpose of the events is
- to involve delegates in the work being undertaken to develop a comprehensive education framework for dementia
- to highlight where it integrates with the other workstreams currently underway to address the key challenges and commitments made in ‘Scotland’s National Dementia strategy’
- to share with delegates the progress made thus far including the evidence and underlying philosophy supporting this work
- to facilitate the generation of delegates perspectives, thoughts and ideas to be used to build on the framework structure, content and language;
- to raise awareness of the intention to subsequently develop a targeted workforce development plan
- to discuss the priorities and gaps in current education provision which must be addressed in order to support the implementation of the framework
- 20 Jan Inverness
- 9 Feb Glasgow
- 10 Feb Edinburgh
- 17 Feb Dundee
- 24 Feb Aberdeen
The events will run from 10am to 3pm and places are limited to 40 at each event. Please apply by downloading this form.